Deutscher Wachtelhund Search Pedigrees  
Board Home   Search   Member List   Calendar   Help  

Current time: 11-19-2018, 03:31 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sorry no Wachtelhund
02-28-2012, 10:59 PM
Sorry no Wachtelhund
My name is Sian Kwa. I am Dutch (actually dual citizen) and grew up in the eastern part of The Netherlands close to the border of Germany. I went to grad school in Michigan where I met my American husband. We lived in Amsterdam for a while and moved to North Carolina in 1998.

I hunt with European hunting Teckels or Dachshunds and highly appreciate versatile hunting dogs, that are also suited as family companions. I am very familiar with the Wachtelhund and have witnessed its application in drive hunts of roe deer and wild boar in Germany.

After moving to the US, I was quite appalled with the reputation of the Dachshund in this country, and became more fanatic in preserving the hunting qualities in my European Teckels. A growing number of hunters are interested in the Teckel as a deer recovery dog, but recently the owners of my dogs have also discovered other hunting applications.
I am therefore setting up a JGHV breed club in an attempt to promote the Teckel as a true hunting dog and establish a population of hunting Teckels in this country.

As most of you know, setting up JGHV hunt tests in this country is not an easy task. To offset the expenses and offer the possibility of more hunt tests, collaboration between JGHV breed clubs is -imo- important.

Looking forward getting to know you and your club a bit better.....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-29-2012, 01:12 AM
RE: Sorry no Wachtelhund
Welcome Sian, I was going to tell you to introduce yourself, but I you already did. We'll talk some more, but talk to other here.

Dave Pepe
DWNA-VDW Breed Warden
Eagle River Wachtelhunds
dave@deutscherwachtelhund.org
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-29-2012, 05:56 PM
Welcome Sian!
03-01-2012, 06:49 AM
Hello from Texas
03-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the welcoming!
03-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Thanks for joining us! Diversity is key to finding resolutions and we appreciate having you here...Wachtelhund or not!

Dave Dyer

Dave Dyer
OakRidge Kennels - Versatile Dogs for Versatile Hunters
[Image: 7105524.jpg]
http://www.Oakridgewachtelhund.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user