Deutscher Wachtelhund Search Pedigrees  
Board Home   Search   Member List   Calendar   Help  

Current time: 08-24-2019, 11:45 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ellis and Amy from Pittsburgh
05-05-2011, 05:05 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2011 07:25 AM by Dave P..)
Ellis and Amy from Pittsburgh
Hey everyone, Amy and I are pretty excited to be here with you all. The new site looks great. Amy and I will be receiving a new Wachtel from Dave Pepe at Eagle River in a month or so and will begin our training regimen in anticipation of producing a great new member of our family as well as a useful and happy hunting companion.

This will be our first dog that we will train to hunt. I plan on using Richard Wolter's system in training our dog to perform water retrieves and subsequently refine his upland hunting skills. We'll be spending plenty of time poring over the bb to see what types of challenges you all have encountered and how you overcame them as you all progressively trained your dogs. On that note, if anyone has some video of their dogs working as they hunt, that would be awesome. By the way, it looks like Kansas was great! We can't wait till we can attend for Neko's JP test. Hoping that there will be enough interest for there to be a JP run next year. Seeing all those other Wachtels has Amy and I all excited about participating if there is a JP next year. Looking at the history leading to this past weekend, with 3 years in the making, you did a great job getting everything together to make the JP and EP come together. Congratulations.

What I hunt: Ducks, Geese, Ruffed Grouse, turkey, deer, various small game. (pheasant and quail just aren't prevalent in western Pennsylvania).

Ellis and Amy Stokes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2011, 12:31 AM
RE: Ellis and Amy from Pittsburgh
Ellis, Welcome to our Forum. I'm surpized no one else has welcomed you. This sturcture is new and some are having trouble with it.

Dave Pepe
DWNA-VDW Breed Warden
Eagle River Wachtelhunds
dave@deutscherwachtelhund.org
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2011, 03:25 AM
Hi Ellis & Amy,

Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on the impending arrival of your new Wachtelhund. He's a lucky boy to be getting such proud parents!

Suzanne
05-06-2011, 05:26 AM
Thats great I just got a puppy myself pretty dang impressed with her so far . If she hunts the way she plays she's gonna be great. Tough as a boot but sweet as all get out. 14 weeks old sits, here, and no sometimes LOL good luck and keep us posted
05-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Welcome! Hope to meet you in the near future! Please post pictures of the your new pup when you get it and introduce us!

Dave
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Glad to see I am going to have another Wachtel ONLY a couple of hours away. That's even close enough to get together to train the dogs occasionally! Welcome aboard!

Jeff
05-10-2011, 07:21 AM
Good to have you aboard, and Welcome to the world of the Wachtelhund. You do know that you will now be hooked for life with a Wachtelhund. Have fun with the new pup in just a few weeks!
Jim
05-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks to everyone who has offered well wishes. I caught myself looking at travel trailers in anticipation of future travels to various and exotic continental locales. Some people call things that cost you money "hobbies" and things that make you money "jobs", but if you can love both, then I guess that's why they call this a hobby, right? Regardless, we're very excited to get started with our new pup and can't wait to meet other like-minded individuals. I've spent a lot of time away from home lately (read Iraq and Afghanistan) and can't wait to start hunting 4 legged game vs. the 2 legged type. It will be nice to train a great family member and hunting companion and get an opportunity to get out into some woods and chase some birds and bunnies around.
05-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Do yourself a favor. If you are looking a travel trailers to hunt from get a four season unit. There are several brands around. That way you don't need to worry about water lines freezing and they are easier to heat!

Jeff
05-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Thanks, Jeff. So where in PA are you from? I thought I saw a post from you about where you are from but I can't find it but south central PA rings a bell. Thanks again for your input.

Ellis