Deutscher Wachtelhund Search Pedigrees  
Board Home   Search   Member List   Calendar   Help  

Current time: 08-24-2019, 11:04 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Memeber from Arkansas
01-18-2010, 10:32 PM

Hey all

Just wanted to introduce myself real quick. My name is David, I live in Arkansas and I recently purchased a Wachtelhund from Kraig Glazier. I hope to be able to contribute and gain valuable information from this forum/community.

Without further adieu, here is Piper Vom Last Chance, a 16 week old Red Schimmel. On a side note, I originally wanted brown... but after seeing this little girl, I knew I had to have her. These pictures were taken on the first ″day″ that I've had her.

[Image: 20100118-DSC_2676.jpg]

[Image: 20100118-DSC_2664.jpg]

[Image: 20100118-DSC_2708.jpg]

Click to see Pipers Pedigree
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2010, 10:38 PM

Dave, Great looking pup there. I can see a lot of Duke in her. Looking forward to some great tales from that youngster. We going to see you at the Pheasant Fest?

Dave Pepe
DWNA-VDW Breed Warden
Eagle River Wachtelhunds
dave@deutscherwachtelhund.org
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-19-2010, 05:26 PM

Dave P. Wrote:Dave, Great looking pup there. I can see a lot of Duke in her. Looking forward to some great tales from that youngster. We going to see you at the Pheasant Fest?
Thanks for the welcome. I doubt you'll be seeing me. Hah... If there is ever a get together in the south, I'm game.

01-24-2010, 01:50 AM

I have a half sister of Piper's here in Louisiana, I'm not sure how many others are in the South but a Dixie get together is not impossible. Heres a pic of Ava and I with a limit of marsh ducks.
[Image: 1263759185.jpg]
01-24-2010, 02:24 AM

I was looking at the old map http://www.frappr.com/usawachtelhundowners and there appears to be a decent number. Now how many of them would be up for a meeting would be any-ones guess.

Maybe it's something we should think about though. I know I'm rather new here, but no need to let everyone up north have all the fun. biggrin

01-25-2010, 07:55 AM

Dave,

I don't want to hi-jack your thread, But your PM and e-mail from your username is not working. I'll have to look in to it.

I saw your pup on a Jeep forum. I've be sort of restoring an 88 Samurai bought in September. It came out of AK, no rust. I relpaced seats, built a hard top for it, rebuilt front end (king pins, brakes, drag link and tie rod). Today I'm pulling the old tired 1.3 L engine (over 200,000 mi) and will replace it with 1.6 L MFI engine by the end of the week. I will send the 1.3L flywheel out to be resurfaced. In the mean time, I need to mod the 1.3L oil pan and oil pick-up tube for the 1.6 engine, install an electric fuel pump and new fuel lines. Paint the engine compartment. I've pull and removed most of the engine compartment wire harness and will install a new one and ECM for the 1.6 L engine

Dave Pepe
DWNA-VDW Breed Warden
Eagle River Wachtelhunds
dave@deutscherwachtelhund.org
01-25-2010, 12:38 PM

Dave P. Wrote:Dave,

I don't want to hi-jack your thread, But your PM and e-mail from your username is not working. I'll have to look in to it.

I saw your pup on a Jeep forum. I've be sort of restoring an 88 Samurai bought in September. It came out of AK, no rust. I relpaced seats, built a hard top for it, rebuilt front end (king pins, brakes, drag link and tie rod). Today I'm pulling the old tired 1.3 L engine (over 200,000 mi) and will replace it with 1.6 L MFI engine by the end of the week. I will send the 1.3L flywheel out to be resurfaced. In the mean time, I need to mod the 1.3L oil pan and oil pick-up tube for the 1.6 engine, install an electric fuel pump and new fuel lines. Paint the engine compartment. I've pull and removed most of the engine compartment wire harness and will install a new one and ECM for the 1.6 L engine
Small world... I actually have two wranglers. One I drive daily, and one that I bought with the intentions of turning it more in to a toy. I've always liked the Sammi's and even looked at a few to buy. I like these guys gear for them http://www.shrockworks.com/Suzuki It's an expensive hobby. Jeep - Just Empty Every Pocket.

[Image: 20091003-DSC_1568.jpg]

[Image: jeepflex213of40.jpg]

01-31-2010, 03:46 PM

I am getting envious of your jeeps and dog.

Welcome!

Aaron
02-04-2010, 10:54 PM

Hi David,
she is a beautiful dog. I have her litter mate (Paloma). Kraig still has her. She will come to North Carolina next month. Let's keep in touch and see how they are progressing.
02-09-2010, 10:22 AM

David,

Welcome. I also just joined. I live in SW Missouri, but grew up, went to college, and to med school in Arkansas before moving away. What part of the state are you in? What are your hunting interests? I would love to get together with some other wachtel owners and do some hunting. I have a farm in SW Missouri with plenty of deer and turkeys and a decent quail population.