Deutscher Wachtelhund Search Pedigrees  
Board Home   Search   Member List   Calendar   Help  

Current time: 08-24-2019, 11:04 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sam here from Virginia Beach Virginia
04-29-2010, 09:38 PM

Sam Wrote:Glad to hear about the pups Dave. From what i have read, big litters are a sign of good geanes. Hope to see the pics and wish you and the dog all the best during delivery. I remember when i first thought i was going to get a wachtel it was going to be an offspring of duke.
Sam, Good genes maybe, but I know the lineage. Kelly is a third generation female from my first pair of Wachtelhunds that I imported in the early '90's. And I personaly picked up Duke in Germany and brought him to the States. Eight pups so far and I can feel at least one more in her. All healthy and good size.

Dave Pepe
DWNA-VDW Breed Warden
Eagle River Wachtelhunds
dave@deutscherwachtelhund.org
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2010, 09:45 PM

Yeah, that's right... I remember you where stationed there or something like that. I do like duke and his lineage. I'm jealous...lol If it were only a month earlier. Glad to hear all is going well with pups and mom keep up the good work!
Find all posts by this user
09-24-2010, 01:24 PM

Hello,

I am not necessarily a member, more like a researcher. I am looking for any info that could help someone decide on rather or not they would like to purchase a Wachtelhund. The choices are between a Wachtelhund or a Weimaraner. There won't be much hunting, but we are looking for a very smart, friendly and obedient dog. If anyone has any tips or advice.... please let me know. Oh and rather or not we could get one anywhere closer than Wisconsin!

Thanks
09-24-2010, 03:50 PM

Julie, If there won't be much hunting buy a Weimaraner!

Dave Pepe
DWNA-VDW Breed Warden
Eagle River Wachtelhunds
dave@deutscherwachtelhund.org
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-26-2010, 08:59 PM

Thank you for your advice Dave.