Deutscher Wachtelhund Search Pedigrees  
Board Home   Search   Member List   Calendar   Help  

Current time: 10-20-2017, 12:56 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Quick Hello from Texas
12-11-2014, 02:17 PM
A Quick Hello from Texas
I just wanted to give a quick hello from Texas. I picked up a pup from Dave at Oakridge a month ago and had her shipped to Texas. This is my first DW but not my first JGHV breed. I had to put down my VPP this year and we went looking for a replacement. I decided to try out a flushing breed and since I am such a huge fan of the JGHV and there testing program I just couldn't pass up on the DW. We did a variety of hunting with my PP, from Vermont grouse and woodcock to bobwhite and blue quail here in South Texas. Mainly though we tracked whitetails in thick STX brush. A lot of the ranches here have to shoot a lot of deer and therefore we get a lot of practice. Even though my pup was only 6 she had tracked 50+ wounded deer. I am looking forward to seeing how these different breeds work and the results they show. Most of the country we hunt is too thick to get to a dog on point so I am hoping this flushing hunter will help me get a few more shots on quail.

My first impressions are good, different but good. I am sure to have more info to come, but for now I will ask some questions in the proper forums.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2014, 02:21 PM
RE: A Quick Hello from Texas
I hope that pup is doing good!

Dave

Dave Dyer
OakRidge Kennels - Versatile Dogs for Versatile Hunters
[Image: 7105524.jpg]
http://www.Oakridgewachtelhund.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply